Peanut Butter and Jelly Boats has tagged me for a Meme. I love these! So here goes...
Five things I was doing 10 years ago
1) Graduating College. Moving to a new town to start a new teaching job. Oh, and I bought a new car. Almost exactly the same as Steph's!
2) Started dating a fellow teacher (the students found out about it and I couldn't live it down...we were seen at a shopping mall twenty minutes north of the actual school)! I was on a slippery slope spiritually (say that three times fast!), and it would be another year before I reached the end of myself and looked to the One who had my future in His hands.
3) I was working part-time as a singing waitress (yes, you read that right), thus paying for that aforementioned new car.
4) I went on a cross-country trip. We went through every state from Chicago to Las Vegas. In a convertible. We visited every place from Graceland to the Rocky Mountains, to the Grand Canyon to the MGM Hotel and Casino in Vegas.
5) I was living in an apartment that was actually "low income housing" (I was new to the area and didn't realize this. And I was young and stupid. There, I said it.). There's nothing better than coming home after a long night of waitressing and seeing drug dealers making an exchange on your front porch. YIKES! (God's been so good to me!)
5 Snacks I enjoy
1) Tortilla Chips and fresh pico de gallo
2) flatbread and cheese
3) fruit and nut mix from Costco
5) veggies and homemade dill dip
5 songs that I know all the lyrics to
1) Every Watermark song
2) Every Nichole Nordeman song
3) lots of jazz/big band tunes
4) lots of worship songs (lately I'm totally into Chris Tomlin!)
5) many Italian and french art songs and arias, and every song I've ever taught my students (my head is chock-full of music ALL the time!)
5 Things I would do if I were a Millionaire
1) Give a bunch to the church
2) Pay off our house and probably buy a bigger one
3) Sponsor/adopt needy children
4) Take a great vacation
5) Shop. I know. It's selfish.
5 Bad Habits
1) Picking at my nails
2) Running late
3) Interrupting when I'm afraid I'll forget what I wanted to say
4) drinking coca-cola
5) falling asleep before the movie is over
5 Things I would Never Wear Again
2) Parachute pants
3) cut-off tops
4) panty hose...I know, it's unavoidable.
5) Maternity Clothes!!!!!
5 Things I Like to Do
1) Spend time with family and friends
2) Take long walks with my hubby, kids and doggie
3) Talk on the phone to my mom and sisters
4) Watch movies
Five Favorite Toys
1) Strawberry Shortcake
2) Cabbage patch Kids
4) I used to love playing super mario brothers with my sister on nintendo when it first came out
Five People I Tag:
1) Marc at Strathman Stuff
2) Jaime at Howdy from the Halls
3) Kari at The Powell Place
4) Charity at Chair's Table
5) Jessica at Itty Bitty Bits of Me