Friday, June 22, 2007

A big thank you and a big request...

First of all, I was looking back at some previous posts and wanted to say thank you to all of you who read my blog, comment consistently and keep coming back. My goal in blogging was never to have a bunch of readers, but to those of you who have kept up with it, I thank you! I love reading your blogs every day (or at least weekly) and I thank you for helping me get acquainted with each of you and the blogging world.


And now for my request. You may remember me mentioning that Jerry and I will be performing this weekend in Chicago. It is an event for the American Medical Association, and we are singing with the people that we saw perform back when I posted this. These people are really well known in the opera world, and I am so anxious. I am a preparer, a planner, a practice-way-ahead-of-time-'til-it's overkill kind of girl, and I only have once piece of sheet music out of the three pieces we're singing. Mind you, we are back-up singers, so it's not like we're front and center, but we need to know our stuff! We only have two hours of rehearsal to practice all the songs (we are only doing three out of the total six that are being performed, and there are vocalists, a pianist, and string players to coordinate as well). This is an awesome, awesome opportunity for Jerry and I, and we really want to do well. So, if you think of us tomorrow, would you please pray for us to think quickly on our feet, to have strong voices, and for me to be calm, relaxed, and confident? Thank you so much!!!

A little side-note...these people have also been a wonderful connection for Jerry as he has written his master's project on the aging voice and how it pertains to professional singers. They have answered all of his questions and lent a great deal to his paper. They are also Believers, which is equally as wonderful, and I am hoping that we are able to have even a little time to talk with them personally and learn more about them as people.

Thank you for praying and I'll be sure to take pictures and let you know how it goes!

4 comments:

MorningSong said...

I am a new guest but I will lift you and your husband in prayer!! I am sure all will be well and you will return with a good report!

Many blessings!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Love the new look! And yes you are in my prayers!

Steph

Kari Lynn said...

I am so excited for you and your hubby. Of course you will be in my thoughts today. Have I told you lately how glad I am that we are back in touch? GOOD LUCK!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, what an opportunity. I hope and pray all goes well!