Sunday, June 10, 2007

I could get used to this!

I woke up to a beautiful morning and went and sat out on the patio, read the paper, and had a nice chat with our neighbors (who as I mentioned previously were safe and sound!). Dinner tonight was enjoyed outside once again, and afterwards, we decided to go fishing. It was so relaxing...quiet and serene...(we even caught a couple of fish!) and I thought this is definitely something I'd love to do on a regular basis.


I go back to teaching tomorrow (it's been a really nice break), and to kick it off, I attended the senior recital of one of my students this afternoon. She is so talented, playing piano, violin, and being an accomplished vocalist. She honored all of us, her teachers, by introducing us, acknowledging us in the program and giving us flowers afterward. I will miss her so much next year, but it's been very rewarding working with her these last four years and watching her grow.
Do you ever have days when you put your head on your pillow at night and honestly think, wow! This was a really nice day? So often, I'm too tired to even really notice...but I was reminded afresh today that I am so blessed with a great family, good friends and neighbors, a home I love, a job that's rewarding, and a God who loves and watches out for me. Truly, it doesn't get much better than that.

4 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

You're right- doesn't get better than that! Sounds like a wonderful day! I love those days where everything is just "right" and you are content and happy in the very moment... beautiful!

Steph

Glass Half Full said...

A great feeling indeed! Those perfect days make everything just right.

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you really had a wonderful day! It's nice when peacefull days sneak up on you like that!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your neighbors are doing well. OH, I long for the day when I can sit down and enjoy reading the paper.

Sounds like a great day!