Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I have been trying to think of something blogworthy to write about, and I keep coming up short. There's not much to report on this end (a good thing, I think!). But I did realize a few hours ago that we are all about reaching milestones in our house right now. Allow me to elaborate.

Cody just graduated pre-school, and he will attend full-time kindergarten in the fall. He is becoming more and more independent, social, and seems to be out playing with friends more than he's actually home these days! Caden is oh-so-close to walking, and he's starting to trust himself enough to take a single step every once in a while. I noticed today he is cutting teeth on top and teeth on the bottom. His little mouth currently hosts six little teeth, three on top and three on the bottom, with many more to go. Even so, more baby teeth are on their way and pretty soon the teeth-cutting days will be over. Additionally, I am weaning him. I've decided it's time, and while that is bittersweet, it's another milestone that will eventually be reached. Jerry is almost done with his paper and graduation is about six short weeks away. He will finally have his Masters degree in Music Education. He said incredulously last night, "Wow. I can't believe I'm almost done!" Me neither, and praise God from Whom all blessings flow!!

I have found myself considering the possibility of going back to school for my master's degree with certification. I currently hold a bachelor of music degree, but I've let my teaching certificate expire (I never contemplated going back into the classroom after I left my first teaching job...that's a post for another day). Lately, I've had the desire to work on myself a little, to grow and to learn, to return to the classroom....as a student. This is a long-term goal, as my first priority right now is to my husband and my boys, but it is nonetheless a goal.

All of this is to say that I believe we're all on the brink of something new. Even my family members seem to be in the same spot, each of us wondering what God is up to. I find comfort in knowing that He is on His throne, reigning supreme, with His fantastic plans for each of us. What a walk of faith each of us is on as we wait on Him, faithfully seeking His face, waiting to see what He does next. It is a sweet ride. And I am learning to relax and enjoy it.
But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.

3 comments:

Glass Half Full said...

HELLO!! You didn't tell me about going for your masters!!! Go for it girl!!!

Oh how our journey twists and turns.....

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love that feeling when you & everyone around you feel that same "change that is on the horizon" - such a great confirmation!

Steph

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

What a great God we serve that He desires to keep us growing! Makes life so fun.