Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Monday, November 26, 2007
My time with family was great. I enjoyed it tremendously and really hated to go. We watched Husker football (please, I don't want to talk about it), ate, watched the kids play with their cousins, made stepping stones for my mom and dad's new house, and just really had a great time together. Now that I'm home, there's much to do, and I've got a lot of catching up to do.
I hope you all had a great weekend and I'll try to get around to say hello soon. Thanks again, blogging friends, for a fun tea party. I enjoyed meeting you all!
Monday, November 19, 2007
It's hard to believe that Christmas is just around the corner, and that in a week or so, I'll begin digging out all the decorations and starting the hustle and bustle. I am really going to be more intentional this year about keeping that "crazed" look out of my eye as December 25th draws near. It's just not worth it! I want to enjoy the month of December. On the agenda: Lots of singing at church, a trip with my mom and sis to Chicago to have tea, A day out for shopping with my bff Charity, making cookies and a gingerbread house with my boys (I found a kit at Sam's that looked so fun!), Cody's birthday, time with family, and of course, Advent. There are so many things I love about this time of the year that I often lose sight of in the busy-ness of it all. So this year, I will choose to do it differently!
I pray each of you has a wonderful holiday. From our house to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
You are twenty months old! I can hardly believe that almost two years has passed since the day you were born. You are learning and growing so much, and it is such a joy to watch!
Here are some of my favorite things about you that make this age so fun and unique:
1. Your vocabulary is growing by the day. The other day I was putting on make-up in the bathroom, and you were standing next to me on the potty (even though I always tell you to get down) echoing every word I said. There was a time I was concerned you weren't saying enough, but now look at you!
2. You can follow many simple commands and you do it with out complaining. If I ask you to do something, you are usually very good about doing it. I appreciate these early lessons that you are learning in obedience. They are laying the foundation for your future!
3. You love watching The Donut Man. You sit so quietly, intent on every song and word that's sung or spoken. I am glad that your favorite thing to watch is based upon biblical truth!
4. You are spunky. And mischevious. But not naughty. You are very curious, adventurous, and a lot like that adorable monkey George. Always into something, but never trying to do anything wrong. I know that these qualities will make you a good learner...very inquisitive and thoughtful.
5. You love to hold my hand when we're cuddling together. You'd always hold my hand when you'd nurse, and if I'd have to pull it away for some reason, you'd start crying and get so upset. You still do that. Even if we're just sitting together, you have to be holding my hand. I love this about you!
6. Speaking of hand holding, you love grabbing my hand and pulling me wherever you want me to go. It's effective and you don't even have to say anything. You just grab my hand, pull me, and show me!
7. You have quite a sense of humor. You make us laugh with your cute expressions, babbling, noise making, and adorable faces. No dinner at the table is complete without something funny you do!
8. You are beginning to show compassion for those you care about. I often catch you hugging your brother or the dog (much to his chagrin) and I know this is your way of showing love.
9. You understand the concept of praying. We pray together at dinner and bedtime, but my favorite time when you show you understand is when we pray for Cody before he leaves for school. You'll run up to us and grab our hands if we forget to include you. I love that!
10. You are so cute, Caden. I love watching you grow more and more every day. Thanks for the joy and love you bring out in me. I am a better mother because of you. I love you, sweetie!
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Is this not the most precious sight? Is this not what life is all about? Our existence here on earth, whatever our circumstances, is temporal. Eternity awaits each of us. We don't know the time nor place when God will choose to take us Home, but the fact remains that we're all one step closer every day. Lately, I've been really impacted by the thought that eternity awaits me on the other side of this world. I pray all the time that my life will be one that represents Christ well, reflects His love and light and ultimately gives Him glory. "More of You, Lord. Less of me." Some days I fail miserably. My earthly perspective and sin nature don't help! But, I leave those days in God's hands, knowing He is just and forgiving and that His mercies are new every morning. I trust Him to continue to grow me and make me the woman He would have me to be.
For today, I rejoice with Paige that she is now free. Free of the bondage that her earthly body could not withstand, free from the pain. And as she was the moment she asked Jesus into her heart, free in Christ. Now THAT is true freedom.
"For if the Son sets you free, then you will be free indeed." ~John 8:36
Monday, November 05, 2007
- I managed to rid out two huge garbage bags of stuff and junk from three rooms in our house
- I have freecycled several boxes and bags of miscellaneous stuff that's still in too good of shape to be thrown out. You simply must learn about freecycle if you don't use it. It's an awesome thing.
- My friend who is a soon to be mama of a boy is the proud recipient of all things baby that were still remaining in my house. With the exception of a few items I can't bear to part with for sentimental reasons.
- I finished my bible study AND planned the worship set for tonight...in two days. If you know how intense Beth Moore's tabernacle study is, you'll appreciate what a feat that is.
- Two wonderful friends (you know who you are, girls) came over while Jerry was away on his men's retreat and helped me immensely with PROJECT ORGANIZE. Thank you!
- I wrote my Christmas letter because I'm sending it out BEFORE December. Hopefully.
- I planned out meals for a week and did my grocery shopping.
- I did my shopping at Walmart. And was disappointed. Because they can't keep up with their inventory. And had little I needed in stock.
- I have a pot roast and veggies simmering in the crock pot as we speak, and it smells dee-lish!
All in all, a very productive week. Wishing you all a happy Monday.