Friday, January 25, 2008

Who Knew Runny Noses Could Bring On Such Sweetness?

My little one is quite miserable today with a case of the "crud," but it's given me a great reason to do lots of cuddling and holding. He wanted nothing but popscicles and me right beside him. He went down for a nap around 1, and an hour later he was crying (normally he sleeps a good couple of hours). I brought him downstairs and was able to let him sleep for another hour and a half. We cuddled on the couch and he put his little head on my chest and snoozed away. It's been a long time since he has let me hold him that long...after all, he is almost two, and he has things to do, people to see, places to go! Today, however, he was content to just let me hold him. And so that's exactly what I did.

I'm glad dinner is already done in the crock pot, that Jerry's on his way home, and that I'm still in my P.J.'s.

I mean, what else was I going to do today, anyway? ; )

5 comments:

Glass Half Full said...

Crock pots are a gift from God!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Hey- you did the most important job today on the face of the planet!!! There's no-one like Mommy to comfort a child when he is sick. And it's so nice to HAVE to slow down a bit.

I hope Caden feels better soon and that no-one else gets sick.

Julie

chrissy said...

The only thing that would make this day so much better is to be snuggling one totally healthy child this day!! Keep up the great work you are an AWESOME mama! Always putting your family first! I know it isn't always easy to do! You get a real great atta girl today!!

Just T said...

It's a great feeling when you are needed and wanted. I hope Caden feels better today!

Anonymous said...

I used to feel guilty for almost "liking" my toddler a little more when he/she was sick for the very reason you described! It was just so nice to get to cuddle them like when they were babies...I'm not awful, right?!
Trish