Sunday, January 13, 2008

Nostalgia...

Tonight, I had the opportunity to go hear my alma mater's choir (of which Jerry and I were a part years ago). I try to make it to one of their local concerts when they tour every year, as they are truly wonderful. It's always such a thrill to hear them sing, and of course, it takes me back to "the good old days." The days of meeting my hubby (oh the joys of falling in love!), singing day in and day out (to my heart's delight), having nobody to look after or care for but myself, spending time with my friends as often as I'd like. Carefree, fun days. It's hard not to get nostalgic.

But when I walked in the door tonight to my little boys and big one too, and heard those sweet voices cry, "Mommy's home!," I was reminded again that there's simply no place I'd rather be.

Home is where my heart is.

4 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Amen- me, too. I love getting away for a little while, but Home is where I stay.

Steph

Tonya said...

I love hearing the kids call for me when I get home from places!

Kari Lynn said...

Isn't it great to get away just to look forward to going home. My favorite was picking the kids up from after school daycare and having them run across the gym yelling, "Mommy!"

Anonymous said...

Happi..........so well put! I was always part of choir, concerts, and piano stuff in high school (also where I met hubby). I can totally relate to the carefree fun of those days. Boys it seems like a lifetime ago, now, doesn't it?
Tricia