Thursday, January 10, 2008

In Memory...

My great aunt, Zelda, passed away this morning. She was 108. While we are sad at her passing, we rejoice that she is presently enjoying being reunited in heaven with our loved ones. We did not want her to suffer and prayed that God would take her sooner than later, as she was experiencing pain and discomfort.

In prior weeks, she had been saying that relatives (who are deceased) had been coming and talking to her. I truly believe that this happens when one is close to passing, as we've seen this happen with others who have died. What a marvelous thought, to not only see Jesus, but to reunite with loved ones who have gone before us.

We will miss Aunt Zelda. She was a wonderful woman, and I will always have a special place for her in my heart.

May you dance with the angels, now, sweet Zelda. We love you.

6 comments:

Kari Lynn said...

Sorry for your loss but how wonderful that she is in a better place. I believe people that have passed come to visit to help those who are dying. How wonderful would it be to have a familiar face walk with you.

Sheryl said...

So sorry that you lost your aunt. It's so awesome that she was able to live such a long life!

Anonymous said...

108 is amazing! My great-grandma passed away last year at 100. It is such a treasure to have them here for so long, but a sweet release as well. What an amazing reunion, really.

Anonymous said...

Happi,

I'm so sorry for your loss, but rejoicing with you about Zelda's eternal gain after such a long life lived here on earth. I pray that the Lord would provide comfort and peace to your loved ones who will miss her.

Also, I just wanted to say I totally agree with you on your last blog. I felt that strongly about it that I sent thank-yous to everyone who did anything for us during our health crisis with Joshua last year. I know no-one expected it, but I just couldn't get my arms around how to personally thank such an outpouring of love and support in such practical ways. I know a simple thank-you card will never do justice to our gratitude, but it was the least I could do.

And about the RSVP's- I feel the same way. Look at your calendar when you get the invite and figure out if you can attend and send back the RSVP. Folks are making it so easy now a days with email RSVP's, etc. There is no excuse for people not RSVP'ing to any type of party or event!

Take care my sister. Praying for you and your family.

Love,

Julie

Just T said...

My deepest condolences to you and your family. 108, may we all be so lucky!

Glass Half Full said...

Sorry about your loss. Love you.

Lori