Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Please Pray...

Dear Friends,

Your prayers are needed. I know most of you don't know my friend Charity, but her brother was recently diagnosed with lung cancer (he never smoked a single day of his life) and today he found out that the cancer has spread to his brain. This precious family believes in Christ and the power of prayer, and they are vigilently praying that God might choose to heal her brother Dave, or at least prolong his life. The doctors say the outlook is grim, but we know our God is the Great Physician and that there is power in prayer.

Would you please stop what you're doing now and pray for him? Pray for this family, for his wife and two children, for their parents (I can't imagine how difficult it must be as a mom to watch her son going through this), and for the siblings and relatives as they deal with the reality of this news. Perhaps you might also go to her blog (linked here...scroll down and look for the above picture to read more) and leave her a note of encouragment as well. I know that would brighten her day. Thank you, prayer warriors!

I urge then...that requests, prayers, intercession,
and thanksgiving be made for everyone. ~1 Timothy 2:1

7 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, praying right now... thank you, Happi.

Steph

Glass Half Full said...

I remember the day I got the news about my father....

May God's healing begin!!!

Lori

MorningSong said...

Praying for God to bring a full healing to Charity's brother! I pray that her entire family will be strengthened in this and that God would be glorified in an amazing way by this event!

Happy New Year friend!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Happi! I've missed you :-) I'm so sorry to hear of this diagnosis for your dear friend. May God's healing power be manifest in his body! God is absolutely bigger than all of this...I'll be praying.
Trish

Charity said...

Thank you ALL for your prayers, they are effective, I truly believe that. The family can tell we are all being lifted up in prayers, so thank you, thank you thank you! (Thanks Hap for posting this!)

Jessica said...

Tried to link to Charity's site but couldn't get a full screen... weird! Anyways, I just prayed for him.. please keep us updated.

Staci said...

Praying for him!

Perhaps tell him about Dr. Shultz's "incurables" program at www.herbdoc.com
a nutritional, herb and detox program designed for persons who are terminally ill.

Another thought is the Gerson Institute. Google it.

I have personally known 2 people cured of terminal cancer using these methods.

My thoughts and prayers are with him.

Staci