Sunday, June 22, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

My sister tagged me, and I'm supposed to pick up the nearest book to me, turn it to page 123 and find the fifth sentence.  Then I'm supposed to post the next three sentences after that.  

Only the book closest to me doesn't have a fifth sentence, because it's a short page and only has four.  However, I'll post the whole paragraph because maybe, just maybe, you need to read this today.  If you had a day like I did today, then you DEFINITELY need to read this:

"This sort of discipline is wrong because it's based on mood and emotion.  The spanking was a release of Mom's frustration, not a self-controlled act of love.  A good spanking at the end of the day can never make up for the spankings that should have been administered throughout the day.  Moms who have a teapot temper need to depend on God's grace to enable them to act contrary to their nature and in harmony with the Word of God. 

~Ginger Plowman from "Don't Make Me Count to Three!"

If you have a toddler and you're struggling with discipline issues, get this book.

And now, I tag:

Lori at Glass Half Full
Steph at Adventures in Babywearing
Robin at Life with All Boys
Julie at Life with Ash and Ave
Jaime at Howdy From the Halls





No comments: