Monday, February 25, 2008

President WHO?


Last week, Cody brought home the weekly newsletter from his teacher. She likes to keep us updated on all the children's activities from week to week, which of course, I greatly appreciate. I hear once Kindergarten is over they end all of that, so the communication is something I always devour when it comes home in his backpack.

The newsletter suggested that we spend some time talking about the upcoming presidential elections with our children. We haven't done much of that around here, and I'll tell you why. I can't stomach it. Anyways. That's a post for a different day.

She also said that most of the children were clueless as to who our current president is. I thought to myself, in my oh-so-humble way, "Cody totally knows who our president is."

But, just to be sure, I asked him when he got home from school that day.

I asked, "Cody, who is our president?"

He thought for a second and replied, "George Washington."

Okay, so maybe I should be talking more about politics.

Could someone please pass me the pepto bismol?

6 comments:

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I hear ya!!! Oh my I'll be praying for you:)

And just so know my daughter who is in 2nd grade (at our public school) still gets weekly newsletters:) So let's hope they cont. for you.

Jessica said...

Ugh! I know! I am so NOT excited about this election! It makes my stomach churn.

Just T said...

Good luck with the talk.

I loooove getting newsletters from my kid's school. When they come home, I always go for a letter hunt lol I'm so sad!

Tonya said...

You got me thinking if my kids knew who the president was. I asked my 1st grader and she knew but my kindergartener said the same thing George Washington! Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, we've had similar conversations. At least he didn't say SpongeBob! ; )

MorningSong said...

How funny! I would settle for George Washington right about now for sure!! :) (Of course after our current George has completed his reign!!!)

Blessings!