Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snowed In!

Hello from snowy Chicagoland. It's cold, windy, drifty, and a perfect day to stay IN. I just went out to shovel (figured I had better before it's impossible for hubby to get into the driveway). ***Side note: An hour later, I'm finally sitting down to finish this post, and it's like I NEVER even shoveled. I think I shoveled at least six inches and it's STILL coming down!!!*** I was going to make a soup tonight, but instead I have frozen pizzas in the oven. I'm too tired to cook! But in honor of today's SNOW DAY, here's a favorite recipe to tide you over until next time. Enjoy!

Crock Pot Potato Soup
6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
5 cups chicken broth
2 cups diced onions
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup carrots, diced
1/4 cup butter (I never said this was low-fat!)
2 tsp. salt (optional)
1/4 tsp. pepper
12 oz. can evaporated milk
3 Tbsp. fresh or dried parsley
8 oz. cheddar or colby cheese, shredded
crumbled bacon (if desired)
Combine all ingredients except milk, parsely, and cheese in slow cooker.
Cover. Cook on high 7-8 hours, or until veggies are tender.
Stir in milk and parsley
Stir in cheese until it melts, and add bacon as a garnish.
ENJOY!!!!

5 comments:

Kari Lynn said...

We are having an official blizzard. I didn't even bother shoveling. Your recipe sounds yummy, kinda like a baked potatoe soup that we like. Stay warm!!!

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Sounds yummy, I too made soup today. Just the kind of day that makes you want to. I kind of wish looking at my kitchen now that I had made the frozen pizza:)

Glass Half Full said...

Gotta make this still.....

I made a roasted chicken for our winter shut in. It was yummy comfort food indeed!

Just T said...

That soup sounds so yummy! Oh how I wish it was Winter here lol

Stay warm!!!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh gosh- I can't believe how much you sound like me! I shoveled off & on yesterday ( I NEVER shovel but wanted hubby to be able to get his car in the drive!) and then when he got home the neighbnor had to snowblow the drive for him anyway!!

And for dinner I had planned veggie soup and ended up doing frozen pizzas for the kids, too!!