Friday, February 23, 2007

Everything seems so trite...

I've been trying to think of something profound to write about, and everything I think about saying seems so silly in light of the things going on around me. Even today, I found out my good friend's daughter is going to have serious surgery in the next thirty days or so, and there are serious risks. She's very scared, but she's also trusting the Lord, knowing that these children we've been given are truly on loan from Him. Many of you know some of the other challenges that those we are close to are facing, and in light of those things, anything I might say here, on this blog, just seems so trite.

So, I am going to share something that has brought me comfort. Nothing else seems to come close to expressing what's on my heart. I find myself anxious these days...not always understanding what God is up to, but being challenged to trust Him anyway. I am counting my many blessings, especially my relationship with Christ and the three amazing men (big and little) living in my house. I praise Him for my family (immediate and extended), for my friends, church, and love. I praise Him for His provision, His good gifts, His grace. I praise Him for my salvation and for the life I have in Him. He is always good, always merciful, always loving and always kind.

All that being said...I share the following with you:

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--
think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-- put it into practice.
And the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:4-9

3 comments:

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

What great truths to be reminded of! Amen!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Perfect time for such words. I also love the words to this song, and hope that you, too can get some rest!

Steph

Anonymous said...

What great verses. Rejoice in the Lord always. I am always reminded of that when things don't seem to go my way. It's hard to do, but brings so many blessings.