Friday, August 24, 2007

Well, Apparently I've Had My Head In The Sand

But unfortunately I haven't been helping my neighbors BAG it.

I feel so ignorant. I've been hearing about the Chicago suburbs here and there in blurbs on the radio, but we've been without cable all day and I haven't heard the latest. I rarely have the news on because of the kids (it's so sad that we live in a society where the daily/nightly news is dangerous to our children's mental well-being and an attack on their innocence). Anyways...

I go out tonight for a walk and I see the river in my neighbors' yards. I can't believe this has been going on for a few days and I didn't even know. Yes, we've been gone, but I didn't even know until tonight how my own neighbors were being affected.

Everyone's been sand bagging and they've literally been on their knees at the smallest clap of thunder or bolt of lightning praying God's mercy upon their homes. I'm praying that it doesn't rain tonight like it's supposed to. Our poor little town needs a reprieve.

I know God promised He'd never flood the earth again, but I'm sure the people in my community are wishing they had an ark right about now.

2 comments:

Glass Half Full said...

No kidding! We've lost power twice in a week. Once for 13 hours and the other night for 5. I've had it, but realize others have it much worse.

Rain rain go away....

Lori

MorningSong said...

Rain Rain come MY Way!! Drought over here!! X marks the spot!

I have gone through spurts of no news in the house too! Hubby gets frustrated with me but I just can't take all the bad stuff and then something big happens and I am clueless. Then the news is back on! We all can relate to enjoying a disconnect from time to time! I hope you and the neighbors stay clear from any flooding!