Tuesday, August 14, 2007

That's it! I'm only buying American!

PREMIER TOY BRANDS?????
When toys were recalled before this year, I never really thought much about where they were made. I honestly didn't. I knew people who had chosen to only buy American, banning anything that was made in China, and they had said it was incredibly difficult to find toys and things that AREN'T made in China. I really thought this was going overboard.

Until Thomas the Tank Engine toys were recently recalled. We have a HUGE collection of these fun-loving trains...ones that have been "mouthed" many times by both my boys. I was horrified to learn that we owned almost ALL the items that had been recalled.

And then I'm watching "Good Morning America" today and hear of yet another recall. And again, we own a few of these toys. I am so disturbed by the fact that we, as American people, trust these manufacturers to produce things that they know are going to be USED BY CHILDREN, and yet in some of these cases, paints with high levels of lead are being used to make them! I mean, how difficult is it to use child-friendly paint and materials for KIDS TOYS??????

And so, I now join the ranks of those who have decided to NOT buy products from China. And I encourage you to do the same.

Thank you for listening. For more information, go here.

4 comments:

Glass Half Full said...

Did you read Steph's blog today? Seriously, all these recalls are scaring me!

Lori

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Uh yeah- it's a bit crazy right now! And one of the heads of the toy factories committed suicide yesterday, too. This is serious business!

I am SERIOUS when I say that I think we are doing a homemade Christmas this year!

Steph

Life With All Boys said...

I KNOW!!! All these recalls are scary. And I heard about that guy that committed suicide. Makes me really think they know EXACTLY what they are doing.

Anonymous said...

It is heartbreaking to read how the president of the company in China handled this whole thing. It seems like there is nothing you can easily over look when it comes to your children.