Saturday, August 02, 2008

I was Locked Out!

First of all, let me just say that I appreciate all your kind comments about our abode.  We are proud of the progress we've made over the last four years, and it was sweet to hear all of your encouraging words.  (Since the last picture, the whole house is painted and just needs a second coat...which hubby started yesterday.  I'll post a new pic soon!)  Anyway, thank you.  You all are just great!

Secondly, I received a notification in my email yesterday that said my blog was locked and I could not publish anything.  Apparently the blog "robots" (yes, that's what they're called) detected something in my blog that they didn't like.  Today, it's obviously unlocked and I received a note that said they had mistakenly identified my blog (and many others) as being problematic and that they were sorry for any inconvenience.  

I have to say that the thought of not being able to post yesterday was so uncomfortable for me. Not that I had anything to say....it's just that this has become an outlet for me in a way that I guess I didn't realize.  I knew I enjoyed blogging, of course, but I didn't realize how therapeutic it is.  Maybe that sounds strange to some of you...or, maybe not.

I realized this has truly become an online journal for me....which is exactly why I started writing here in the first place.  I talk about everything and anything that's on my heart at the time.  I like to use this forum to encourage others.  I talk about spiritual matters, things the Lord is teaching me, and what I'm learning.  I put prayer requests here so fellow Believers will join me in lifting up our brothers and sisters.  I love recording funny things my kids say and do because my memory will fail me at some point, but it's all in black and white here.  Like my home, it's become a little "virtual house" where my thoughts and memories are stored so I'll remember them later. I've never been a good journalist (on paper).  In the past, I'd buy these beautiful little books to write my deepest thoughts in, but after a week or so of writing, it would lie dormant for an indefinite amount of time.   

This blog is also a great way to stay in touch with people I wouldn't normally get to "talk to" as often as I'd like.  My mom even commented to my older sister and I that even she wouldn't know half of what's going on in our lives if not for our blogs!

And so, my dear blogging friends, I would like to say thanks for being a part of my little blogging world and letting me become a part of yours.  I've met and reunited with some truly wonderful people here, and I'm very grateful.  

I'm going home to see my family this weekend, so I'll be on hiatus for a bit.  But you can bet I'll see you soon.  I can't stay away long.  : )

5 comments:

Glass Half Full said...

STRANGE! I had a hard time visiting blogs yesterday - Explorer kept kicking me off it.

Glad you're unlocked!

Lori

Jody said...

That explains a lot. I was having trouble visiting certain blogs last night. Some I could get to, but others would kick me off or say that it couldn't load. I'm sure glad that was fixed. I was lost not being able to check in on my favorites. Enjoy your time with your fam!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh that would be scary!! I hope I never lose my blog!

Steph

Anonymous said...

That was happening to me, too. Very strange.

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I completely agree with what a great outlet a blog can be! I LOVE mine:).

Hope you have a great visit with family. And I'm thankful to have connected with you through our blogs.