Monday, August 18, 2008

I Had to Schedule Time to do my Schedule

I know, I know.  Couldn't I have come up with a better title for my post?

No.  Because I am burned out on creativity for one day.

I have been sitting on my oversized comfy chair in the living room for the last TWO hours working on our fall schedule.  (Just a little F.Y.I:  Hubby is out seeing a movie, because I told him to go and take a load off.  The guy is so tired from working on this house.  He deserves a break today.  He either went to see the new "Batman" or the Paradise one whose name totally escapes me.)  

Anyway, this post is not about him.  Back to me.  Ha!  

I carefully put my new planner pages in my binder (have I ever mentioned that I absolutely LOVE Franklin Covey planners?  No, I'm not all cool and digital and computerized with my organized life, what with my PDA or whatever you call 'ems).  I'm not that techno-savvy-ish.  I still don't even know how to use my cell phone.

This post is not about that though.  So, let's move on.

After the planner pages were properly placed in their corresponding sections, I proceeded to pull out my teaching schedule. And the choir schedule. And the Awana schedule.  And my homeschool group's schedule.  And the Husker's schedule.  (And another one I think I'm forgetting somehow.)  

And did I mention my best girlfriend is getting married in a few months?  And while I absolutely adore weddings and am already relishing the responsibility of being one of her maidens (or is it matrons?  Ewwwwwww....I don't like that word), it too entails a wee bit of planning.  But did I mention I adore weddings?  I truly do.  You will not hear me complain.  

Back to the point...yes.  Yes!  I think I have one.  

I'm seriously exhausted from just writing all this stuff down in my planner!!!!  And you might be interested to know (though probably not) that this is what I call a "scaled back" schedule.  I let a lot of things go this year, but apparently, my calendar hasn't quite figured that out yet!

And so, for all of you out in the world tonight who actually read my blog (Hi mom, hi Kari), I'd like to say:

Welcome, Fall.  I'm glad you're here.  (I think.)

4 comments:

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I too LOVE Fall, I too Love planning, and I too Love written planners (even thought my husband works for T-Mobile:).

Transition seasons allow for a fresh start:)!! And I need one often:)

Jody said...

I love when I get all the activities written on the calendar and it is all neat and tidy. (If it is possible for a calendar to be neat and tidy.) It at least makes life seem organized. Now, I need to find which box the calendar is packed away in!

Tonya said...

You are too funny! I know I don't even want to know what my fall schedule looks like. Oy!

Anonymous said...

Tell Jody that I know which box her calendar is in . . . I found it with the vegetable oil and sprinkles that she gave me last week. ;-)

Just kidding.