Thursday, December 06, 2007

Perspective

This morning I was checking in with my Huskers and was surprised to find that there had been a shooting at a big shopping mall in Omaha yesterday. I am a native of Omaha, and I was dumbfounded to read that nine people had been killed when a gunman opened fire in a department store. Five more were injured, two of which are still listed in critical condition.

I don't know what it is about this time of year that leaves people so hopeless, so desperate.

I do know that what is most likely lacking is a heart that is full of the love and comfort that only Jesus can give.

This month, let's all try to do our very best to spread good cheer to those around us. It is so incredibly easy to get wrapped up in the chaos of this month. We must always remember that there are hurting people all around that need a touch from the One who can heal. Who knows, the words we say may be the very thing that help encourage that stranger in front or behind us in the mile-long line at the shopping mall.

May we be the vessels of His love and warmth this Christmas.

4 comments:

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Amen Happi! Thanks for the reminder, to spread His Love! He is the only true hope we can have.

Barbie @ Mamaology said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Happi,

Well said!!! It looks like you had a wonderful weekend at the tree farm and putting up decorations. I love that the kids are a little older to help put stuff up. It takes the load off and everyone has fun. Emma probably put up about 75% of the ornaments on the tree this year!!

God's Blessings!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happi,
I'm so sorry I've neglected you. We had a rough time of sickness after Thanksgiving and I've barely been on the computer. I have thought of you, though, and I was so blessed to meet you. Really. It was refreshing and I so enjoyed our conversation. I was having such a bad day with my two year old the other day, I almost e-mailed you. I thought, "Happi will understand!" I'll be out of town for a few weeks, but I wanted to drop you a line before I left. Thanks for your wonderful thoughts on your post. It is definitely a "conscious decision" to not get wrapped up in busyness and take the time to notice those around us this time of year....
Merry Christmas to You and Yours!
Tricia..."mom on a mission"