Saturday, January 03, 2009

I Can TRY to Keep Them

I've read several blogs this week with posts dedicated to New Year's resolutions.  I read my sister's blog and she had me laughing at her resolutions so I thought I'd attempt my own version.  Here, in no particular order, are my Top Ten Resolutions for 2009.

1.  I will try to abide by the rules of the road, thus avoiding expensive fees and traffic school.  

2.  I will attempt to order something off the menu that I do not personally tweak to fit my (pickiness) tastes.

3.  I will be more easy going when my children want to play with floam, flarp, Mars Mud, Moon Sand, or any other gritty, slimy substance.  I will attempt to remember that they are boys and this is just something they MUST do to satisfy their inner boy.

4.  I will say thank you more often to my husband, who is currently doing all the laundry in the house and not complaining about it.  WHAT A GUY!!!

5.  I will read the Chronicles of Narnia to Cody this year.  And finish.

6.  I will try to guard my schedule more by exercising my "NO" muscle.  This is gonna be hard...

7.  In light of my Type-A personality, I will remember that Cody responds better to hands-on field trips more than filling up all the pages in his workbooks.  I will try to be more flexible and adjust accordingly when I see our lesson plans for the day aren't necessarily God's plans.  

8.  Like my sister, I will try not to cocoon myself in our comforter, thus leaving my hubby cold at night.  It must run in the family....

9.  I will watch an entire episode of Ultimate Fighter with my husband just because I know it would make him happy.

10.  I will bribe the dog with more treats and walks so that he learns to love me more.  

How about you?  What's your #1 resolution for 2009?

6 comments:

Adventures In Babywearing said...

This is good! In church today our pastor suggested setting the bar low when it comes to resolutions! Now off to read Kari's!

Steph

Kari Lynn said...

I definately need to exercise my "no" muscle also. I always find myself so overscheduled that I can't enjoy the moment.

Happy New Year!

Tonya said...

Hubby and I the year we got married made a resolution to never make another one again. Kind of lame I know.

Kari said...

Lots of luck with #1 and #10, but especially #2. Woohoo! Living dangerously . . . love it! I'll be anxious to do dinner out with you soon, Sally. ;-)

Just T said...

ooh I am such a naughty blogging friend. I've been MIA from my blog for the past month or so due to life being hectic, but I wanted to stop by and wish you and your beautiful family a wonderful New Year. Wishing you all the very best for 2009!!!

God's Girl said...

I enjoyed reading your resolutions! Thanks for sharing.
Your blog is great! I'm glad I stopped by.

Have a wonderful weekend.