- I woke up to snow. Lots of it. But thankfully didn't need to go anywhere.
- Then I remembered we had a chiropractor appointment that I promptly cancelled. I was not going ANYWHERE in this weather.
- After Bible time with Cody (we take Fridays off of academic school subjects unless make-up work is needed), I decided it was high time to get working on "The Sound of Music" since I had rehearsal tonight and again tomorrow morning.
- I sang through "The Lonely Goatherd" like, ten times. So did my children. *grin*
- I discovered that yodeling is not my strong suit.
- They begged me to play "Do Re Mi" and I decided this song is a brilliant way to teach kids about music theory.
- We listened to Go Fish. And danced around the house. We now have a new and fun way to learn the 66 books of the Bible for Awana because of "The Bible Book Bop."
- I did dishes.
- I cleaned up the house.
- The neighborhood kids came over and, just like that, it was a mess again. Sigh.
- I decided it needed to be pizza night so I called and ordered it from our local grocery store. You gotta love a large pizza that only costs $5.99. NO cooking for mommy when she has to be at rehearsal by 5:30.
- I started planning music for our Easter services at church. No rest for the weary, I suppose.
- Somewhere in here I showered.
- And was reminded AGAIN of the fact that I lost all my privacy when I became a mother.
- And reminded them again that they MUST KNOCK first.
- And then listened to the toddler whine that mommy was not coming out of "da baff-woom!"
- Jerry got home and we exchanged a quick kiss and off I went to rehearsal.
- But first I had to dig out.
- I didn't get to have any pizza.
- I was totally impressed, again, with the kids in this show. They are so much fun.
- Coming home, I almost rear-ended somebody because, apparently, nobody plows anymore.
- Oh, and I'm totally ready to yodel tomorrow.
Friday, January 09, 2009
A Day in the Life
Today was a day that felt very odd and random. I thought I'd recap all of its happenings just for fun. Enjoy a Day in My Life!