Monday, May 21, 2007

A dear friend, father, and family

Sunday was such a cool day. Jerry and I were invited to sing for a Ballroom Showcase in Indiana, five minutes from where my friend Lori lives. She arrived looking awesome as ever, wearing her favorite green crocs she enjoys talking about on her blog! She hasn't changed a bit, but I can see that age has only made her look prettier. There is a peace about her. She's comfortable in her skin, she loves her family, and she's rooted where God has planted her. I'm so thankful for her friendship and it was great seeing her after five years. We picked up RIGHT where we left off, and plans are in motion to get our boys together for a day of fun this summer. Unfortunately, we both forgot cameras (what were we thinking?) but my sister lent me her camera and hopefully I'll get those pictures soon to post.


My mom and her sweet hubby Dean performed at the showcase yesterday. They were fantastic. I was so proud of them as I watched them dance with grace and style. They make a great team, on and OFF the dance floor.


Dean took me for a whirl around the dance floor a couple of times and I was so overjoyed to have those father-daughter dances. Here in my heart lies a place that sat empty for some time, but last night I told my mom through tear-filled eyes that I'm so thankful she married him and gave us girls such a sweet father. (And here the tears come again....)


Jerry and I sang "The Prayer" before the dinner (thus our reason for being there), but truly the best part was getting to see my family (my beautiful sister and her hubby were there as well)and my best buddy from high school. All in all, a fantastic evening. Even better was the fact that the boys did great with my sister-in-law. You can't ask for any more than that!


Pictures to come soon...

2 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh how wonderful! This was so sweet...

Steph

Glass Half Full said...

Oh I know -- THE CAMERAS!!! :)

Let's plan July girlfriend!!!

Lori