Sunday, December 03, 2006

December 4th: In Prayer there is Power


It is a wonderful thing to go to your mailbox every day and pull out the Christmas letters and cards from those with whom you are close...including good friends and close family members. My mom always kept the cards in a basket and to this day, I still love going through her cards every year! I now keep mine in a basket by the front door so that my husband can go through them and read them when he has time.

Why not take a moment as a family this year to pray for these well-wishers? Maybe you might lift them up to the Lord at dinner time or perhaps when you do your Advent readings. Choose a couple of friends or family members each day and petition the Lord on their behalf. Every single card or letter that comes to you also carries prayer requests...some you know and some you don't. Ask the Lord to show you how to pray for each family or friend and allow Him to do the rest. Not only will you give those you care about the gift of your prayers, but you will also teach your children a fundamental lesson: There is power in prayer.

"For where two or three have gathered in My name,
I am there in their midst."
~Matthew 18:20

1 comment:

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I love this idea! What a great way to teach our little ones to pray for our family and friends.