Thursday, December 21, 2006

December 21st: See the twinkling lights...

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.
All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
In Him was life, and the life was t
he Light of men.
The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not
comprehend it.



John 1:1-5



Last night, Jerry and I had rehearsal for our church's Christmas Eve service. We are singing in a 10 person mixed ensemble as well as doing a duet called, "Mary, Sweet Mary" by Selah. Afterwards, we decided to drive around and look at Christmas lights in our town...but not before we drove through McDonald's and ordered ice cream cones!

We saw some beautifully decorated houses (and a few that were a bit tacky!) and we enjoyed the time together in the car, taking in the display! Cody particularly enjoyed one house that had a big Grinch displayed on their front porch. Jerry and I liked all the houses that were decorated tastefully with wreaths, garland, white lights, and red bows...and of course icicle lights. (Stay tuned later on for a "real time" picture of our home all lit up!)

I also have to put in a plug for one of my new winter favorites...

...which my hubby brought home for me this afternoon after yet another jaunt to the grocery store for yet another ingredient I forgot while making coffee cake and banana bread...

...Starbucks Peppermint Cocoa.



Let me just say...yummy! I'm not a fan of coffee (I don't know how that happened since everyone in my family loves coffee), but this cocoa is the bomb! If you haven't tried it, it's a must. Put on some Christmas music, wrap a couple of gifts, drink a sip and enjoy!

I truly hope you are enjoying these last few days before Christmas. I am loving having my family together since Jerry's home on winter break. We're having so much fun together. I wish the same for you. Don't forget to slow down, be still, and reflect upon the joys of the season. It's truly the most wonderful time of the year.

1 comment:

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Thanks for the info:) I love to hang out at Starbucks for a little alone time, I'll have to try this one! Thanks for wishing us a Merry Christmas on my blog, I hope you and your family have lots of fun and joy on Christmas too:)