Friday, February 20, 2009

The Music Never Dies

Driving in the car.  Dreaming.  Cooking.  Cleaning.  Breathing.

I have "The Sound of Music" score streaming in my head 24/7.  It's like a CD that has been put on "continuous" and won't stop. Not that I mind.  I've grown quite fond of the music from the show, but I suppose that's what happens when you've been living it for six weeks straight.  

If you want to know what it's like to be inside my head, this should give you a really good idea! 

Scary, I know.

The show is going great.  We opened to two packed houses of school kids yesterday.  We did a modified version of the show to keep it at 90 minutes, and I was amazed at how well these kids adapted to it.  They never had a rehearsal to run the show as it would be done on school days. Tonight is the real deal with our entire orchestra and a (hopefully) packed house.  

Conducting the orchestra has been such a great experience for me, and it's a real blessing to work with all of the fine musicians God has brought our way.  The kids have really impressed me...to learn a show of this magnitude in such a short time is nothing short of amazing.  

Thanks for walking with me through this journey.  I hope I haven't bored you with all my stories about the hills and the goat herds.  : )  If you're coming to see the show, I'd like to say a big thank you on behalf of the cast and directing team.  Your support means to much!  Please make sure you stop by the "pit" at the front of the stage and say hello.  I'll be there waiting to greet you!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Kari said...

I hope you have a fantastic opening night! Good luck and enjoy!

Love,
Kari
P.S. The girls loved the video-Mackenzie was laughing so hard she could hardly breathe!

Jody said...

I'm glad the show is going so well and all your hard work is paying off. You are so talented. I'm glad you are able to use your gifts to help others explore their talents and bring yourself a lot of joy at the same time!