Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm Going There.

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.  But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.  We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.  ~2 Corinthians 4:6-9
I'll be the first to admit that I take the simple comforts of life for granted.  I become very complacent, often forgetting the suffering people in other parts of the world...especially those being persecuted for their faith.  I have no idea what it means to suffer.  Any difficulties I've had in life pale in comparison to what so many have experienced for being a Christian. 

I find that as this election draws nearer, I am desperately seeking the Lord and asking Him to show me the truth.  In light of the word of God and what I know to be true of His character, I'm deeply concerned about our country.  It seems the general public has narrowed the future of the United States down to a couple of candidates. Many have placed their hope in a man who promises change.  I've seen television shows where children and adults alike (even some celebrities) are heralding his praises in song.  Some have called him a messiah, the "chosen one," "our only hope."  

Oh, change is coming, alright.  But we need to be prepared for the fact that if this liberal candidate is elected, many of the rights we are enjoying at present will slowly be ripped away from us.  I know nobody wants to talk about this.  We're all shuffling around this topic because we don't want to offend anybody or sound alarmist.  

The days are short.  Time is of the essence.  I think it's safe to say that the "darkness" has come and most assuredly we, as a country, have sunk to new lows.  We have lowered our standards. We've become complacent and comfortable, and our culture as a whole has been brainwashed into becoming more "accepting." "Tolerant."

We need to wake up, Christians.  We're sleeping if we think the answer to all of our problems lies with the man who gets elected November 4th.  

Our job is to be a light in the darkness of this world, for Him.  We must stand for what's right. We must share our faith boldly, without fear, without compromise.  We must stand up for the truth.  

Anything else is a waste of time.

I know this isn't a warm and fuzzy post.  Please forgive me.  I've sat silently on this blog through this whole sickening election process without diving very deeply into this topic.  I can't be silent anymore.  I believe the Lord would have me speak out for the truth on this one.  

If you're a fellow Believer, join with me in praying.  Please don't be silent.  Speak for the truth. Stand for what's right.  Be His light to the world.  

5 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

This is a great post, Happi. I don't feel right in my heart about either candidate, and am praying, praying, praying.

Steph

Anonymous said...

You said it, sista! Joining you in prayer . . .

Anonymous said...

Great post Happi. It's a tough call. It's tempting to get upset or worried about what might happen when a certain one is elected. But then we have to remember that the heart of the king is in the Lord's hands and He turns it as He wills. Also, the prophesies of the Bible have to come to pass. That means that at some point, things have to happen that we, as Christians, would not like and certainly would not vote for. Know what I mean?

MorningSong said...

"Thy kingdom come; THY will be done in earth as it is in heaven!" May it be so regarding this election!

May truth be clear! May people be stirred to stand for life! May wisdom abound and may those who vote be stirred by Father God to vote as HE wills!

Often times it takes such a dark possibility to stir people to stand up. We often do take things for granted and seeing the potential of losing it ALL in such a swift move - then it does give us a chance to rise up and DO what is right! Great post Happi! (And thanks for the award!)

Blessings!

dutchroo said...

Amen and Amen sister!!

2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Praying with you- for the future is in the Lord's hands. He remains on the throne. He's in control. And the outcome of this election does not surprise Him. What a mighty God we serve.

Love,

Julie