Sunday, March 09, 2008

Dear Caden....


I cannot believe two years have passed and that you have been a part of our family for that long! It seems like yesterday that your mommy, daddy, Nanna, and Auntie Kari were welcoming you into the world two years ago today! I don't know if I have ever worked as hard as I did that day to bring you into the world, but as hard as it was, I would do it all over again to have you be a part of our family.

You have changed so much, and it is such a joy watching you grow. You are the sweetest boy, and you are becoming such a character. You know what you want and you're not afraid to use your spunk to get it. You love to laugh and have fun. You enjoy music and dancing around the living room or kitchen with your daddy or me. You especially love when we sing "This Little Light of Mine" before bed. My favorite times with you are before nap and bedtime when we rock and I sing you "our" song. I love how you always want to hold mine or daddy's hands when we rock you or hold you, especially after a long nap.

You love your family. Daddy and brother are your best buds, and you get so much joy on your face when you see them walk in the door after a long day. You love to cuddle, hug, and give wet kisses to all of us (even Ozzie...when he'll let you close enough, that is!). Cuddle time gets shorter and shorter these days, for you have much to do and see every day! I have learned to stop and cherish these times, because I know all too well how quickly the time passes, and I want to eat up every last bit of "baby" that exists in your rapidly growing two year-old body!

Caden, I pray that God continues to grow you into a strong and sweet man, with a tender heart for people, a heart that desires to serve Him, and a thirst to know all you can about Him. I promise to pray for you daily, and mostly I pray that God would equip me to be a mom that would lead you and guide you through the joys and storms of life, just like my own mom has.
We love you so much, sweet baby boy (I'll call you baby as long as you'll let me!), and I wish you, this 9th day of March, a very,VERY happy birthday.


To the rest of you...pictures to come tomorrow of our big birthday celebration this weekend!

8 comments:

chrissy said...

such a sweet mommy post!! Happy Birthday Caden! You are so unbelievably loved!!!!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh my goodness! What a sweet picture and post!!

Steph

4funboys said...

How cute is he! I didn't know what to blog today... now I do! Thanks...

glad I came by...
Rachel

Glass Half Full said...

Two years -- can you believe it??? I remember talking to you on the phone when he was just a baby. WOW!

Happy birthday, little man!

Lori

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday Caden!

Kari Lynn said...

Happy Birthday Caden!

The Kempiak Party of Five said...

Happy birthday Caden JON from Mr. JON, way far away in Arizona!

Just T said...

aww Happy Belated Birthday, Caden!

My daughter, Abby just had her 8th birthday on March 10th. Gotta love those Pisces babies - full of such imagination and flare!!!