Saturday, July 04, 2009

It's Independence Day!

Jerry and I had the privilege of singing "The National Anthem" at a local festival last night.  We were asked back after we sang last year, and we were excited to have the opportunity again. 

We sang right before Eddie Money performed, and he did a little "meet and greet" beforehand. I can't say I've ever actually been a fan of his music, but it was nice that he was willing to take a photo with us.
After we sang, the boys had some fun on the attractions.  Caden was so cute to watch.  I just love seeing my boys smile!
The best $5 we spent all night....watching Cody jump and flip on the bungee bouncer thing (sorry, don't know the technical term for it!).  He had a blast!
And last, but definitely NOT least, a photo of the boys riding on the kiddie rollercoaster.  I absolutely adore this picture of them!  Look at the joy on those faces.  Too cute.

Happy Independence Day, everyone.  I'm so thankful for the freedom we have in the U.S.A.  God bless America and each of you.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

man we totally missed you guys on the rides. Maybe next year when you sing again we can plan a little better to meet up after wards :)

Kari said...

Looks like a fun night! I'm sure that Glen was smiling down on you both as you sang. :-)