Once again, I am totally late wishing my NOW three year-old a happy birthday. Caden celebrated his birthday last weekend, and we commemorated the occasion by going to have photos done of the boys at the beginning of the day. Next, we headed to Build-A-Bear where he got a new friend zebra. Last stop was Rainforest Cafe, his favorite place to eat lunch, as long as you avoid the big crocodile at the entrance! He's not a fan.
When asked what Cody loves the most about his brother, he'll quickly tell you "He's sooooo funny, and he makes me laugh!" This is true. He is such a funny, outgoing kid. He loves life and his energy and enthusiasm for the littlest things seem to affect everyone around him.
And so, on his third birthday, here are some things about my little man, Caden, that I love so dearly and always want to remember (that is, after all, why I blog!):
- He is seriously the funniest kid I know. He is hilarious, and it takes a lot of strength to keep it together when he's doing something charming (but not appropriate!).
- He is honest. He tells you how he's feeling, even when you don't really care to hear it.
- He's a friend to all. If somebody new walks through the door, he is positive they are there to play with him and he'll immediately invite them to come in and play.
- He loves music, especially Go Fish.
- His newest phrase is, "I need you." And he reaches up to me with his little arms and bats those long irresistible eyelashes, and I'm toast.
- He's strong-willed. I am very thankful that he is this way, for I believe this quality will serve him well in life. God knows what He's doing!
- He seriously annoys the dog. And his brother.
- But he looks up to his brother and they are great friends. The dog...notsomuch.
- He is full of personality and life, but he also has a very soft and sweet spirit.
- He still loves to be rocked, cuddled, and sung to....I love those quiet, tender moments.
- He has a REALLY short fuse. Seriously short, and I can't imagine where he gets it. **cough, cough.**
- He adores his entire family, but he is especially fond of his cousins.
- He needs to know what we're doing every moment of the day and in the correct order.
- When he awakens in the morning (or after his nap), he MUST have his juice.
- He doesn't like being cold. (But who does?)
- He has a HUGE sweet tooth.
- I think he's going to have the same issue with Coca-Cola that I do.
- He knows the words to every song in "The Sound of Music." He loves "Do-Re-Mi" and "The Lonely Goatherd."
- He looks incredibly sweet when he's sleeping.
- He can turn anything into a sword or a light saber.
- We can't imagine our family without him.
We love you, sweet Caden. Happy 3rd birthday!