And yet, over the past day or so, I've been sensing that God is asking me to regain some perspective. To open my eyes to others' circumstances so that mine will pale in comparison. To get out of myself and get on my knees for people who truly have problems and difficult lives to bear. And so I pray....
- For the people in Myannmar who have lost their loved ones, their homes, and the support of their government.
- For the people of China who have lost their loved ones, their homes, and sense of security.
- For the people in Iraq and the soldiers who must be wondering if this will ever end.
- For the families of American soldiers hoping against hope that their loved one will return unharmed.
- For my friend Charity and her family who found out the cancer has returned to her brother, Dave.
- For our long-time friends, the Kempiak family, who recently learned that Jon's dad's cancer has returned.
- For Steven Curtis Chapman and his family, as they mourn the loss of their five year-old daughter.
- For Audrey Caroline, a baby who only lived two hours after her mother carried her to term. And for her family as they continue to place their faith in a sovereign God through it all.
- For the people in this country who are losing their homes because they can no longer afford their mortgages.
- For those who've lost jobs and are struggling to provide for their families.
- For anyone who feels their circumstances are crushing them and have given up hope.
Join me in prayer today for these people. Remember to thank God for your blessings.