Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another Season, Another Winner, and Other Random Stuff

I just need to say I'm glad it was David Cook that won, especially after Simon's bashing and "disrespectful" comments toward him. He deserved it, and I think he'll go on to do great things. David A will be just fine...and I actually feel that him NOT winning will be good for him in the long run.

I'm off to the dentist today (oh joy).

Cody only has nine more days of kindergarten left (*sniff*). They sent home information about it yesterday, and every once in a while I hear little hints of songs they are singing. I hope I remember my tissues. I can't believe how fast this year went!

Speaking of growing up and time marching on, we have officially weaned Caden off of his beloved "B" (binkie). We decided this week that it was time, and he's actually done beautifully. It's amazing how much more he's talking now that he doesn't have his "plug." He's a little chatterbox! I know some people really don't approve of pacifiers, but this kid was crazy about his, and I just didn't have the heart (until now) to take it away. It was starting to interfere with his sleep and we needed to remove that issue altogether. Fortunately, he's talking great and talking a TON. Some of my students have commented that his vocabulary grows leaps and bounds by the WEEK.

This weekend I meet up with my friend Kari for a girl's weekend. I can't wait! We have some big plans, one of which includes a trip into Chicago to see "Wicked." Kari is a fellow blogger, and she's also a dear friend from high school. I am greatly looking forward to reconnecting with her!

Hope you all have a great day!

1 comment:

Glass Half Full said...

I was glad David Cook won too because he was more my style. I guess I thought David A would take it because he seemed to attract the majority - what a shock!

Have fun at "Wicked"!

Lori