Topping the Caden Times today:1. Caden has officially taken his first steps. He is still gaining his confidence, but he has put five or six consecutive steps together in the past week.
2. He is also cutting three molars and a couple of other teeth. Put frustration over trying to walk and pain over cutting molars and you have one cranky kid!
3. He has added more words to his ever-growing vocabulary. I was a little worried that he wasn't going to talk much, but it seems he's starting to blossom in this department over recent days. The starred words are all new within the past week:
- Ozzie (the dog)
- *Ba-ba (bottle)
- *yeah (he is starting to answer when you ask a question, i.e. "are you hungry?")
- Nanna (or nana, depending on what he's talking about ...the fruit or the grandma!)
- thank you
- various animal sounds, the newest being a quacking noise for a duck
4. And finally, last night when I was getting him out of the tub, I asked him to hand me one of the toys, and he actually did! Then he proceeded to help me put them away! I know, it's not like this is earth-shattering news, but following a simple command ranks high on my list of things I want him to accomplish early in his toddlerhood!
And I thank you for reading today's news. : )