Monday, July 30, 2007

I'm Back!

The Graduate, Me, and Cody the Conductor

Suffice it to say that, while it was an incredibly busy week, the effort was well worth it. We had a wonderful weekend celebrating with friends and family, the Graduate did an amazing job giving his speech and conducting the choir and orchestra, and I couldn't be more proud of him and his accomplishments. I was fighting back the tears as I watched him up there, on the stage where the Chicago Sympohony Orchestra performs, listening to the words he spoke and the beautiful music from the choirs and the syphonic band and orchestra. In many ways, it was a dream fulfilled for him, and nothing makes this wife happier than to see her husband realizing that dream.
We had a great time here at home yesterday with all the people we love around us. Most of our family was here, and we enjoyed seeing everyone. We have some truly wonderful people in our lives, and it was evidenced by the outpouring of kind words, both in cards and on the pages of the scrapbook I made for Jerry to commemorate this occasion.

Here are some pictures from the weekend. It is a time I will not soon forget.

This is the Director of choral activities conducting the mass choir at the CSO. I wanted to include this picture because you can get a feel for the scope of the "venue" in which Jerry was standing. It is such a beautiful hall.

The following pictures are Jerry giving his Commencement speech at the podium, and him conducting the Benediction of the VanderCook symphonic band and choir.
And finally, my Mom, dad, sister, and Cody.
Nanna and Papa Dean, thank you sooooo much for everything this weekend. We couldn't have done it all without you. Kare-Bear, thanks for making the drive. It wouldn't have been the same if you and the girls hadn't been here to share in this special occasion. We love you all!
And to my blogging friends, more pictures will follow in the days to come. There's lots more to share, but I'm off to enjoy the day with my boys. Happy Monday, everyone!

4 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

These are wonderful pictures! Can't wait to see more!

Steph

Marc Strathman said...

It sounds like a lot of fun and a great time. I too am very proud of Jerry. I know that it is a very difficult climb working toward a Masters Degree. He deserves it. I am very sorry that we could not come up to celebrate with you, but please let us know when you are down here visiting and we will get together. We love you guys.

Marc

Kari Lynn said...

What a wonderful time for you and your family. I know the happiness a wife feels for her husbands accomplishments. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Glass Half Full said...

Oh my goodness -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Lori