Friday, January 19, 2007

I did it!


It took most of the day, but our office is clean! It's amazing what a person finds when they clean. I found $50.00 in Barnes and Noble gift cards. We'd been looking for these for months. I found coupons that I wished I'd known about. They would have saved me quite a bit on my last grocery shopping excursion. I found pens. TONS of pens. I remember being a kid and loving pens, markers, pencils. Pretty much any kind of writing untensil. And every once in a while, my mom would call out (to anyone who was listening), "Where are all the pens? Who took all my pens???" Guilty. That would be me. Just the other day I was looking for a pen. And while cleaning, I found at least twenty.
Cleaning always makes me feel good. I feel like I can breathe easier when the clutter goes away. And it always reminds me of God and His cleansing power. It still amazes me. And it reminds me of a song called, "Refiner's Fire." I'm sure some of you know it...
"Purify my heart
Cleanse me from within
and make me holy
Purify my heart
Cleanse me from my sin
Deep within.
Refiner's fire
My heart's one desire
is to be holy
Set apart for you Lord.
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You, my Master
Ready to do Your will."

7 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

So inspiring! I am the same way- can never find a pen, but then once I clean up my desk I find so many!!

Anonymous said...

You did it! Congratulations! It looks awesome! Sometimes it seems overwhelming to start a project like that but it feels so good when it's done. You got a little inspiration too! That's awesome!

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Great Job, I too have the been cleaning up a bit. I think I might be nesting though:) My house is always super organized by babies arrival, but soon after (and I mean soon)it's back to the old mess:( I guess I should just keep having little ones:) JJ

Glass Half Full said...

Steve works at a high school so I won't even begin to mention how many pens are around this house!!!

JOB WELL DONE!!!

Kari Lynn said...

Congrats! It looks great.

Just T said...

Congrats! It looks great :)

Life With All Boys said...

Wow! That is an amazing transformation.