Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Did you see the news?

It's been a little while since my last post, so first things first: The Huskers beat Troy 56-0 this past Saturday. Excellent!

Okay, on to more important things.

Did you see the news this past weekend about the little girl who went to the dentist to have some routine things taken care of and ended up in the hospital? She apparently was given nitrous oxide and a sedative and when her mom went to take her home she was barely breathing. As far as I know, she's still in the hospital in a coma-like state and the last thing I heard was that they weren't sure if she'd come out of it. The reason I don't know the most recent update is because I had to stop watching.

You may have heard that Cody is needing some dental work. He visited the dentist for the first time last month and it was discovered that he has four (YES, FOUR) cavities. Two on the top, two on the bottom. The bottom ones are the worst, and we'll know more today after the x-rays are done. Unfortunately, Cody takes after his mom and appears to be quite phobic about the dentist. Poor thing!!! Anyway, after two unsuccessful appointments, I called in the big guns and sent Jerry today. Meanwhile, I've been praying and praying that Cody will finally let them do what needs to be done today so we don't have to keep dragging this thing out. He's been promised a great reward if he cooperates.

This is the main reason I post today...When I saw the news, I immediately began to worry. I know it's a rare thing for a child to have this kind of reaction because of routine dental procedures being performed. And yet, as I sent him out the door today, I felt this nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach and I started to worry (like mother, like son). And then God, as He so often does, prompted my spirit with this verse: "And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?" (Matthew 6:27) "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you." (Matthew 6:33)

Oh how I needed that gentle reminder. So as Cody sits at this moment in the dental chair, hopefully letting the good dentist do what needs to be done, I am praying that he is being overwhelmed with a sense of calm, peace, and God's presence, trusting what we've been telling him all along. "God is always with you. He will never leave or forsake you."

1 comment:

Glass Half Full said...

So...........

How did it go????????

Yeah -- scary stuff! I couldn't listen much either.