- The boys and I are gearing up for the new school year, shopping for school supplies, getting organized, and doing lots and LOTS of planning. My goal for this year is to make learning more fun and hands-on. Caden will be going to Awana and pre-school this year, and I am still so amazed that he's old enough! I asked his Sunday School teacher how she thought he'd do, and I'm happy to report she said "great!" As a mom, I always wonder how my kids are in another setting where they gave to be accountable to someone else in authority. She did say Caden likes to talk (hmm.....wonder where he gets it?). Other than that, I think he'll be just fine. The boys are BOTH going to Awana this year, which means date night for mommy and daddy. We won't be doing anything extravagent, but just the weekly time together, whether walking hand in hand in Barnes and Noble or grabbing Jerry's favorite Starbucks coffee, will be nice for us.
- My sister Darci came to visit last weekend and we had a wonderful time together. It was so good to have her here, and the boys loved getting to spend some quality time with their Auntie. We didn't do much, but it was just so nice to have her here with us.
- Cody earned his yellow belt! This was his first promotion in Tae Kwon Do, and it was very exciting to see all the hard work pay off. He still enjoys it very much, and I appreciate the tenants of the school and what the instructors instill in the kids.
- We made the difficult decision this year to take a break from directing our church choir. It was hard to let that go, but we felt it was necessary to step back and take a break (even if it's just for the year). I will continue to serve on the worship team once a month and lead worship for our women's bible studies this fall, and Jerry is contemplating taking on the role of "producer," where he'd be overseeing the services one time per month. This would still allow us the opportunity to serve together, but relieve the burden of having a weekly commitment and being in charge of a ministry.
- My niece, Mackenzie, turns 5 today, and we had a fun time celebrating with family yesterday. I can't believe how fast these little ones grow! Yesterday, we lined them up from oldest to youngest to take a photo, and our "baby" is three and a half! Caden is definitely not the baby anymore, and he's quick to tell us so!
- We Husker fans are gearing up for another season of Nebraska football, and Jerry and I have picked our weekend to go out to a game, thanks to Grandma's willingness to watch the kiddos. The fall just isn't the fall without a trek out to the Cornhusker state.
- Summer is drawing to a close, but I am anxious to begin a new chapter in our family's life. My prayer for this year is that we draw closer to Christ, to one another, and that we each allow God to teach us, grow us, and shape us into the people He wants us to be. I can think of no greater goal!
Wishing you all a happy week. I'll try to update again soon (with pictures)!