Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Faith Proclaimed

In a world that's becoming increasingly hostile toward people of faith, I was overjoyed to hear the gospel message portrayed so beautifully today on Oprah.  I have started recording the show because I'm seeing that there are some shows that are actually worth watching....today was one of them.

Today's show was about the Cerak and Van Ryn families and their story of the mistaken identities of their two daughters back in 2006.  Both of these families are people who clearly love the Lord, and they boldly proclaimed that the only reason they have gotten through this ordeal is because of their relationship with Christ.

If you haven't seen it yet or familiarized yourself with their story, you need to.  It's amazing. You can read more at the show's website, but they have a book out as well that recounts their ordeal.  I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

The best part is that it was watched by millions of people.  And the name of Jesus was lifted high.  Praise the Lord!

5 comments:

Jody said...

I don't watch Oprah and for many reasons am not a fan. In my opinion, she has done a great deal to discourage people from believing in Truth. What a blessing to know God used her show to proclaim the gospel even if she doesn't. Thanks for the info.

Happi said...

Jody, I am totally with you. This is why I never watched before. I am so glad I saw this show though. It was worth posting about and encouraging people to watch.

Kari Lynn said...

U know that story happened miles from where we live. They displayed amazing strength throughout the tradegy that shook our community. I haven't read their book yet but plan too. I didn't know Oprah had them on, sorry I missed it. We are blessed that we have Taylor and Indiana Weslyan surrounding us and contributing in many ways getting God's message out.

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Wow, I just read their story on the web page. Praise God for His mercy and loving kindness to us!

Tonya said...

not a big Oprah fan here either but this peaked my interest.