Thursday, November 20, 2008

And a Little Child Shall Lead Them

Today, after bible study, I went to pick up Caden.  The ladies who work with our children are so sweet and they take such good care of our kids so we moms can spend time in the Word and in fellowship with one another.  

When I got to the room, Caden was trying to push another kid off the riding toy he was sitting on (I think it was a sit and spin) and just as he was making this shrieking, whining noise and pushing this poor child, the chid-care worker in the room said, "Oh, that Caden!  He's just so sweet!!!!"  

Uh-huh.  I can see that.

She then proceeded to tell me that earlier, Caden had taken a bible off the shelf, sat down and opened it, and then said, "I pray now."  With that, he folded his hands, closed his eyes, and bowed his head.

We all have days like this one, don't we?  We're just bigger.  We push back when things don't go our way.  We moan and complain about the insignificant, unimportant little things in life.  We act selfishly, impulsively, immaturely.  We're just older.  And we should know better.

Isn't it good to know that when we've not been on our "best behavior" we can open God's Word, close our eyes, fold our hands, and talk to our loving Father?  Isn't it so comforting to know that He hears us and loves us anyway, despite all our failures and inadequacies?

Like the loving mother who corrects and instructs her child, our faithful Father is looking for opportunities to teach us so we might become more and more like Him.

I'll try to remember that the next time I'm tempted to push a little kid off the sit and spin or whine and complain when things don't go my way.  Perhaps my toddler will follow suit.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Too cute. It is amazing what we can learn from our kids.